If there’s one thing every surveyor needs, it’s great relationships with clients – including those in the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) industry. In any business, strong customer relationships are built largely on great service, and providing well-organized access to information is key for surveyors – no matter what size or type of project.
Creating that kind of successful dynamic between surveyors and their EPC clients is much easier with a centralized tool for viewing and interacting with building information modeling (BIM) and point clouds.
Step Up Your Game With Point Clouds
Point clouds are revolutionizing survey jobs and revving up what BIM can do. Utilizing state of the art 3D reality scans, point clouds can accurately represent any site, space, or build down to the smallest detail. This kind of accurate, up-to-date representation makes EPC planning easier – removing the need for blueprints.
Surveyors who embrace the use of point clouds are already at an advantage when it comes to impressing EPC clients – the next step is to visualize this data with the best point cloud software for surveyors.
How to Wow Your EPC Clients
Once 3D scans are complete and a working point cloud model is generated, the best way to utilize the data is to create a digital twin (an accurate 3D model), connect all pertinent information, and make it available in one place. This way, all stakeholders on a project can view and interact with the project model and data.
This kind of centralized data makes communication smooth, which is the key to great customer relationships. JP Interactive Viewer is specifically built to foster this efficient dynamic between surveyors and EPC clients with a number of game-changing features:
- Easy, online access for clients to access large BIM and point cloud data – without having to take up local hard drive space
- Attach and share files and links, including manuals, P&IDs, isometrics, inspection logs, photos, Google Drive files, OneDrive files, and any other necessary document – no more having to ask where information lives
- Add annotations to Point Clouds, 360 images, and BIM models so everyone is always on the same page
- Manage, store, and transfer data between team members who have permission to download so all stakeholders have what they need
- View any data associated with the build simply by highlighting an area on the digital twin or using the advanced search tool. Anyone can find out what they need to know about any component – right now
It’s hard to overstate the value of centralized data, and surprising how often data is scattered around various hard drives, paper files, and even in team members’ heads. Decentralized information can lead to communication breakdownds, souring relationships. On the other hand, EPC clients appreciate centralized, organized data, and any surveyor who can provide that stands to impress.
Start Improving Client Relationships Today
There’s no better time than right now to set yourself up for success with current and future EPC clients. Contact JP Global Digital today to request your free trial of JP Interactive Viewer and start building your best client relationships with powerful point cloud software for surveyors.